Governance, Board Services and Human Capital Appraisal
1. Governance and Board Services
Over the last few years the climate in which companies operate and the demand for better and more transparent corporate governance have impacted on companies globally. The well-publicized problems of large corporations across the world have refocused attention on corporate governance and the independence of directors, but are only accelerating a trend that has been present for some years.
While there are different stages of development in different countries, there is an underlying trend to appoint independent directors to boards who can bring their experience to bear and help the executive team while at the same time ensuring extremely high and transparent standards of corporate governance. New requirements, which take the appointment of independent director well beyond the use of personal or company networks, mean that boards and appointment committees are increasingly requiring search and selection for independent and non-executive directors to be carried out at arm’s length and in a rigorous and competitive fashion.
The process will include:
– A full briefing on the requirements of the role and its interaction with other members of the board. This requires discussions with several board directors
– Approving a full candidate specification before the search is commenced
– Thorough reference checking and evaluation
– A rigorous and transparent process to which the board and appointments committee can refer
2. Human Capital Appraisal
With our Human Capital Appraisal solutions, we offer our experience of matching corporate strategy with talents.
Our Human Capital Appraisal solutions target Board-level, C-Level and top management roles and teams, providing added value whenever human capital is key to a company success:
- Crisis / New strategy / Market change
- Restructuring / Post merger restructuring of teams
- Appointment of new management
- External opinion on one single Executive – Pre-hire evaluation or internal mobility
The goal of our Human Capital Appraisal solutions is to address crucial issues for the company’s strategic human resources:
- Does the organization have the internal skills and competencies in order to reach its strategic goals?
- Where do the organization’s key resources stand in terms of power and skills?
- Is the organization at risk of losing a certain key skill or competency?
- Is the team aligned with the organization’s strategy, rather than to their own agenda or the past strategies?
- How well does the team work together?
- Other specific key questions which are of particular relevance to the organization.